Adds spins to prohibited uses of CAP aircraft. Clarifies that the National Board has stipulated that senior member student pilot instruction can only be approved in geographic areas where commercial facilities/training are not available. AFJROTC cadets added as authorized passengers. Flying privileges suspension paragraph updated. Assessment for damage to CAP corporate aircraft paragraph updated. Operational Requirements updated for flight with cadets subsequent to major maintenance. Need for commercial certificate and class II medical for AFROTC/AFJROTC orientation flights deleted. FAA instrument check good for within 180 days of Fm 5. Add-on rating authorized. FRO items updated. Attachment 1, Statement of Understanding, updated. Attachment 2 updated for AFROTC/AFJROTC. Attachment 9 sorties authorized “A” mission status with appropriate approvals. Attachment 10 updated.
(UPDATED 20 FEBRUARY 2008)
:: My comments...
- The Coast Guard Auxies now have a ticket to ride.
- Spins expressly prohibited, with exceptions.
- More use of the world, "aircrew," vs. just pilot. I'm cool with that.
- Sticking it to the pilot's insurance company, no surprise there.
- Thou Shalt Not fly AFROTC Cadets within 10 hours of major maintenance to the motor. CAP Cadets are still authorized to fly
as test dummiesduring that time.
- Clarifies that Taxi-Only operations do not require a release. Thank you.
Nothing ground shattering here. Make sure everyone gets the new copy, especially if they have a Form 5 ride coming up. Carry on.